On behalf of the Port Shorts team:
Click the links below for more details about the Festival:
Port Shorts Film Festival Review-Preview
Bigger, longer, louder Port Shorts Film Festival launches for 2017
Filmmakers get unique chance to learn from the best
Dear film teachers,
- EXTENDED DEADLINE! Please encourage your students to enter this year’s Port Shorts Film Festival.
- Films must be submitted via FilmFreeway by 5pm AEST, October 5th using the waiver code: PSIMIN – please pass the following links onto students: https://filmfreeway.com/festival/PortShortsFilmFestival and http://www.portshorts.com/2017-event
The Port Shorts Young Filmmakers Awards include a prize pool of over $2400 in camera equipment and any film under 4 minutes in length, made after Feb 1 2016, is eligible. Students may also wish to enter the inaugural music video category and even compete with industry filmmakers in the open category ($5000 cash prize).
It is worth noting that the winner of the Open category in 2016, Radheya Jegatheva, was 17 years old at the time…
- For all the details, please check out Stephen Curry in our promo clip (please ignore the deadline – it is now the 5th of October, using FilmFreeway and the waiver code PSIMIN) – https://www.facebook.com/portshorts/videos/1894889637440386 or https://vimeo.com/230877213 – and visit portshorts.com and https://www.facebook.com/Port-Shorts-Young-Filmmakers-Award for more information.
To see previous winning films, details regarding the 2017 festival and an overview of the growth of our festival over the last couple of years, please read the attached document, ‘Port Shorts Film Festival Review- Preview’.
- TERM FOUR DIARY DATE: Please note that on October 27th, we are conducting a full day Youth Workshop Masterclass in Port Douglas as part of our 25th-27th October Festival Australia Masterclass Workshop Series: please register at http://www.portshorts.com/port-shorts-2017-masterclass-workshops. We are capping the number at 50 – you can already register interest at http://www.portshorts.com/port-shorts-2017-masterclass-workshops. If you want to bring one or more students, please register and then email me at email@example.com with your requested number of spots. I will have more details for you regarding the itinerary in the coming days, including an opportunity for young filmmakers to work with the Drone operators from Pirates of the Caribbean. Registrations will be open until 5pm AEST, Monday the 9th of October.
- Alternatively, please also pass onto students that they can individually register for workshops during the week, but because numbers are strictly limited, we will only be able to include a couple of under 18s in the Wednesday and Thursday workshops. We will have a Masterclass panel attending the Friday Youth workshop, which will include some of the industry professionals conducting workshops on the Thursday and the Friday.
The Port Shorts Masterclass Series has been developed to bring some of Australia’s finest actors, producers, cinematographers, stunt coordinators and youth film educators to Far North Queensland to deliver workshops for emerging filmmakers from regional Australia to give them the confidence and skills to further develop or help establish their career in the film industry. The Masterclass Series is tailored to allow filmmakers the opportunity to select the field they would most like to further their skills or potentially participate in more than one workshop.
- Finally, congratulations on completing term three and verifications. We would really appreciate it if you could start off term four by encouraging students to enter their films – a strong showing from Queensland film students would reflect the wealth of talent we have in this State and engaging more Australian young filmmakers has been a core priority for me over the last few years. It is central to our decision to extend the deadline – I am a high school film and television teacher when I am not doing this, and introduced the Port Shorts Young Filmmaker Awards in 2015 to get students’ films out there (and there are some incredible films and filmmakers out there).
- Please call me (number below) or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions / need any further information.
Director Port Shorts Young Filmmakers Awards
Education & Outreach
Port Shorts Film Festival
P: 0434291397 E: email@example.com
Comments are closed.