Join us to reflect on our 2020 journey, welcome our 2021 executive and initiate our 2021-2023 strategic plan.
To join the executive you are commiting to monthly general meetings and a working party that includes additional duties to ensure the strategic plan is enacted and operationalised. We are currently in need of Regional Representatives for Far North QLD and North QLD.
2021 Executive Operations
Management Committee roles
- chairs the committee
- plays a major role in general meetings.
- Under the model rules, the president must chair every meeting they attend. If they can’t attend a meeting, another committee member can sit in as acting chair.
- Oversees curriculum activity (ACARA, QCAA), board member of national associations (ATOM and NAAE), establish relationships with prospective organisations (tertiary institutions and industry), directs strategic goals for ATOM QLD.
- Professional learning and industry partnerships
- Curriculum and advocacy
The treasurer is responsible for the financial affairs of the association. Their duties might include:
- keeping and maintaining an asset register for the association
- managing the petty cash balance
- keeping the petty cash book up to date
- documenting all payments made, including receipts, invoices and statements
- maintaining all deposit and cheque books
- making sure that the committee
- approves or ratifies all payments made
- records details of these payments in the minutes
- keeping all financial records in Queensland.
They must also keep track of payments received by using either:
- a receipt book of consecutively numbered receipts
- a computer system that keeps track of these records.
The secretary’s duties include:
- keeping the register of members
- sending and receiving letters, emails or other documents
- advising the president or treasurer about urgent matters that arise from letters or other documents
- taking nominations for the committee
- telling members about meetings (giving plenty of notice)
- calling and convening all meetings
- arranging the venue
- preparing the agenda
- gathering and presenting any relevant documents
- taking and keeping minutes of meetings and making them available to members.
Regional Representatives: Far North QLD, North QLD, Central QLD, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, North Coast, Darling Downs etc
Working Parties – State Conference, Web maintenance, Marketing and communications and Professional Learning