The European Film Awards, presented jointly by the European Film Academy and EFA Productions, honour the greatest achievements in European cinema. One of the awards presented is in the category of EUROPEAN FILM ACADEMY YOUNG AUDIENCE AWARD. The three films that have been nominated as finalists in this category will be presented in non-commercial closed jury screenings on Sunday, 6 May 2018, across Europe and Australia.
These films are:
Wallay directed by Berni Goldblat (France/Burkina Faso/Qatar) https://yaa.europeanfilmawards.eu/en_EN/wallay
Hobbyhorse Revolution by Selma Vilhunen (Finland) https://yaa.europeanfilmawards.eu/en_EN/hobbyhorse
Girl in Flight by Sandra Vannucchi (Italy/Switzerland)
ATOM Queensland is calling for teachers to nominate students to be a part of the EFA Young Audience Jury that will view the three films that have been nominated and vote for a winner.
Students will be required to attend the screenings, workshops and voting ceremony on May 6th, 2018 at Griffith University Film School at Southbank from 8am to 6pm.
Student Jury Member Selection Criteria:
• Students currently enrolled in Years 9 or 10
• Students who would benefit from this experience
• Students with a diverse background to facilitate a variety of perspectives on the Jury
• Students who have an appreciation for non-Hollywood and foreign language films
• Students who have the capacity to articulate analytical and evaluative responses to moving image media both in written and oral formats
• Students who have a discerning understanding of the key concepts of Representations and Languages
• Students who attend a school or college that has a current (individual or institution) ATOMQ Membership http://localhost:8888/atomqld_old/signup/
Student Jury Member Selection Process:
• Teachers to select a maximum of 4 students per school to apply.
• Students who are selected by their teachers are to write a 200-300 word response to the question: “Why is representation of young people in film important?”
• Written responses are to be emailed by the teacher to ATOM Queensland executive members: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com by 3pm March 28th.
• Please indicate the name, age, gender and school of each student in the email.
• ATOMQ will select up to 40 students to form the EFA Young Audience Jury, aiming to ensure a balance of male/female and culturally diverse jury members.
• Teachers of students who have been successfully chosen to be a Jury Member will receive confirmation and a EFA Teachers Pack with further details by April 27th.