REASON FOR NOMINATION:
Please provide examples that are concise and specific, demonstrating the selection criteria.
To provide this, you can either:
- Write approx 500 words in the box below (you can drag the bottom right corner to expand the box if you need more room for typing), or
- Use the upload file button below to upload a short video description.
In case you haven't already read them, here are the selection criteria
2022: Excellence in Media Education
NOMINATION SELECTION CRITERIA
- Growth in curriculum area –
engaging others, cross curricular
This criterion recognises the ability of an individual or team to promote the growth of media education in a school or across a district. Examples might include the introduction of media arts or senior film and television in a manner that has significant impact within a school or district. It might equally include support and mentoring of other media teachers in a district, or more broadly.
- Social/cultural impact
- reach, fostering diversity, social justice
This criterion recognises the ability of an individual or team to develop a program of media education that has a social or cultural impact in the school or broader community. Examples might include the use of a student film festival to promote diversity.
- Innovation and creativity
– curriculum, pedagogy, use of technology
This criterion recognises the ability of an individual or team to implement highly innovative approaches to teaching media, through leading edge curriculum pedagogical practices or use of emerging technologies, demonstrating exceptional creativity of approach and execution.